Updegraff Laser Vision is now OPEN 8 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday. Please call 727-551-2020 for appointments or Click Here
UPDATE: Monday, June 29, 2020
Please read the following information to prepare for your appointment.
• Please only arrive 5 minutes before your appointment time
• Bring your insurance cards, photo ID and medication list
• You should have received an email containing a link to complete your paperwork online. Completing this before your appointment will shorten the time you would spend in the office.
• Please wear a mask during your entire visit. It must cover your mouth and nose.
• We will take your temperature upon arrival.
• Once you have checked-in, you will have the option to wait in your car until your appointment. This will allow for optimal social distancing.
• We are asking that only the patient come in unless there is a need for assistance due to a physical or mental need.
• Lastly, if you or someone you’ve been in contact with recently has been confirmed with COVID-19 please call our office to reschedule your appointment.
We appreciate your time and look forward to seeing you!
UPDATE: Tuesday, March 24, 2020
We want to inform our patient family that we will be transitioning to medical eye health appointments. This direction has come from recommendations from the CDC. This means that a patient’s need for an appointment will be evaluated on a case by case basis. Eye surgeries will be performed as needed as well. Eye injections will be continued. We will also temporarily suspend Lasik screenings and Lasik surgeries, as well as all aesthetics services. We will continue to handle medication RX refills, drop ship contact lenses, and deliver glasses via curbside.
If you have an appointment scheduled during the closure, you will be hearing from us soon as our team proactively works to reschedule appointments.
Please remember that urgent care appointments will continue along with our COVID-19 pre-screening guidelines.
Keep in mind that in addition to scheduling urgent eye health needs by calling 1-727-551-2020 you can still schedule future non-urgent appointments for 4 + weeks out by calling or booking online at https://updegraffvision.com/contact-updegraff-vision/
We apologize for any inconvenience that this temporary slowdown may cause and want to reassure you that the health and safety of our patients, staff and the greater community are our number one priority. Thank you for being our patient, and we look forward to seeing you soon.
UPDATE: Tuesday, March 17, 2020
Updegraff Laser Vision is open and seeing patients. We will be updating you of changes as they occur.
We will be seeing all patients with eye emergencies and eye conditions requiring urgent care (retinal, glaucoma, macular degeneration, eye infections) immediately but will be scheduling non-urgent appointments out 3 weeks.
When you arrive for your appointment, you will be given the option to wait in your vehicle, and we will call/text you when we are ready to see you.
We ask that only the patient and their caregiver come in for the appointment.
We will be taking patients/caregivers’ temperatures and going over a series of screening questions before your exam. The questions will include your recent travel history, any respiratory symptoms, and COVID-19 contact.
We will not be cancelling surgery. If you have surgery scheduled and want to continue with the surgery, please continue with the pre-surgery process. Prior to surgery, we will also be taking temperatures and going over a series of screening questions.
If during our screening process, we find that you have a fever or other indicators for COVID-19, we suggest the following: Contact your Primary Care doctor and ask for guidance.
The Florida Department of Health has also opened a COVID-19 Call Center at 1-866-779-6121. Agents will answer questions Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Questions may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email responses will be sent during call center hours.
Our #1 goal is to protect all of our patients.